They say that you should eat like a beggar on dinner. I am being a health conscious these past few days so I've decided to follow that saying and think a lot more about my health. Last night, I ate a baked fish for dinner. Fish is packed with protein, vitamins, and nutrients that can lower blood pressure and help reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke, which is obviously good for the health. So right now, I'll show you a simple yet delicious recipe that you should try!
- 4 slices of any white meat fish (your own choice)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil for drizzling
1. First is to season the fish with Pepper and Dried Thyme. Rub it to the meat of the fish.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Garlic Powder, and a dash of dried thyme. We don't need salt anymore because the cheese will give this dish a salty flavor.
3. Dredge the fish on the cheese mixture. Place the fish on the baking pan and drizzle some olive oil.
4. Bake at 300 °F for 15-20 or until the coat gets brown and the fish is already flaky. DO NOT OVER BAKE or your fish will be dry.
5. Serve with a vegetable on side, depending on your choice. You can use corn kernels, asparagus, lemon wedge or whatever you want. Mine is carrots and green beans sauteed in butter.
Try this at home and who knows, it may be your next favorite dish! :)